I have taken the somewhat bold step of putting my name forward as a Governor for the Ambulance service in this area. South East Coast Ambulance Service – aka – SECAMB.
SECAMB is an NHS Foundation Trust and that means it has Governors who are there to hold it to account, rather than Whitehall Mandarin (although the Governors are not alone)
CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT SECAMB
I am asking for your vote.
I will be adding a page here about how to vote and why you should exercise your vote (even if you do not vote for me).
This is my personal statement as published.
I believe in democracy, fairness and recognise the essential value the Ambulance service brings to us all. The service is not directed by Whitehall mandarins – it is accountable to the public it serves. The governance of the Ambulance service is one I believe in and I will represent the public to ensure the Service lives up to its promises.
I want to make a positive and practical difference to people’s lives. I do that elsewhere as Chair of Young Enterprise locally which helps 13 – 19 year olds develop skills in enterprise and business and as a Community First Responder (CFR) for the Ambulance Service.
Reasons for standing
- I have the time and commitment, together with organisational skills and motivation
- I am financially independent and able to commit to public service on an unpaid basis
- This position combines my beliefs in democracy and proper governance of a trusted service.
The skills I bring
- An independent voice
- The ability to deal with matters on an even handed basis as well as difficult issues should they arise
- Experience and competence as a speaker, leader and manager.
My relationship to the Trust
I am a CFR in Eastbourne. This provides me with a unique insight into the front line ambulance service provided to the public, because I go on 999 calls with the teams in green.
I ask for YOUR vote so that I can represent YOUR voice as a Governor.